Thursday, February 28, 2013

Emotionally tainted yearly report, littered with positive feedback.

Love you madly - Cake ode to my relationship with my significant other
Short Skirt Long Jacket - Cake ode to my relationship with myself

Eddie and I are celebrating our first anniversary tonight. I know it's just another day, but it's not a mere excuse to exchange gifts and go to dinner. Today, I am celebrating the day my life immediately became a thousand times better, and the unparalleled love and joy I have  experienced and thoroughly enjoyed in collaboration with the greatest person I've ever met in the 365 days in between. I'm lucky to have a strong, dedicated, egalitarian relationship with a wonderful, passionate, handsome, fun-loving, open-minded partner. Today is also about how grateful I am for the other positive developments have have taken place this year. So grateful that I am committing a first-class writer's craft felony in using a painfully large amount of ill-fitting (grammatically, but not contextually) adjectives and adverbs. And doing so without regret. 

In all honestly, I am ignorant as to how long this newfound elation will hold. It is official. My parents put a downpayment on a house last week. I need to decide whether or not I'm willing to vacate from our current location in plaid city to the new home in the demographically scarcer epicentre of nobody cares. Or get an apartment in town. My parents are pushing for a decision. The house is theirs on April 1st, which gives me very little time to pack my belongings. I don't have the time to pack though, because when I'm not in class or studying, I am at my workplace, failing to reason with an insufferable store manager with whom I am increasingly at odds. 

Still, it only feels appropriate given my current mood to reflect on the good things, great people, and small triumphs that have come my way lately. I can vent about my troubles in my next post, but I'd like to think that by sheer stroke of luck, or because the ginger ale I'm drinking is really a Felix Felicis, that my thoughts will remain unplagued by intrusive and discomforting images and retrospects until morning so that I can really, really enjoy tonight. 

Now, I'm going to play some guitar. 







1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Your writing is beautiful. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete