Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kitty - Presidents of the USA

Meet my new roommate, 8 week old Professor, aka Cat, aka YouFuckingLittleFuckStopChewingOnMyNewShoes. I've wanted a kitten ever since the loss the two cats I had growing up. My first, Honda, ran away when I was 6 and my second, Needem (aptly named by my mother, Queen of Puns, because we "needem" to catch the mice) was hit by a snowmobile. Needless to say, this one will be an indoor cat.


It took a lot of sulking, sighing, and complaining, but finally Eddie was on board.  He was 6 weeks old when he first got him, and just 5 weeks when he was found by the S.A.I.N.T.S association alone in the street, too young to be on his own.

In other news...
-We have a new apartment
-Our upstairs neighbours are loud, rude, careless, self-entitled first-years with no jobs, tons of money and a lack of empathy towards people who don't appreciate loud, bassy EDM at 4am on school nights.
-I have a new job, and work just short of forty hours a week.
-Started my fourth year and the workload is unlike any other
-Eddie and I have opposite schedules. He works short daytime /evening hours; my shifts are 3pm-midnight on weekdays, and and 5:45am-3pm on weekends. All his courses are in-class; all but one of mine are online.
-Every morning I convince myself that this glass of soy milk makes up for an entire day of junk food.
-My compulsions are at an all-time low.
-My intrusive thoughts are at an all-time high.
-I have finally accepted the inevitability of death and perpetual non-existence!
-Reading week is coming up. It'll be a 63 hour week at work. Eddie was thinking of heading to Windsor. I think it's a good idea. He'd see friends and family, I'd be able to focus on school after work without distraction, and I'll have the professor to keep me company.



No comments:

Post a Comment